Add the Canola oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, and allow it to come to temperature. Ingredients. I’m Kelly Anthony — a baker, home chef, and mom with a passion for food and an adoration for entertaining. What else goes in chicken taco casserole. Dry white wine and chicken stock keep everything moist as the casserole cooks. Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. features flavorful ground turkey, crisp lettuce, tortilla strips, a homemade Catalina dressing and more! Sign up for new recipes and you'll get my FREE e-cookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners! It’s loaded with fantastic flavor and on the table in less than an hour! Easy Chicken Recipes with Few Ingredients, « Curried wild rice salad with raisins and pecans. The recipe is a keeper. Diced sweet potatoes and carrots combine with skinless, boneless chicken breasts, garlic, and onion. Sign up for new recipes and get my FREE e-cookbook! This is fantastic recipe for Chicken Taco Casserole! Sprinkle TAK's Tex-Mex Spice Blend over the chicken, and sauté about 7 minutes, or until cooked through. This casserole boasts layers of spicy ground beef and creamy spicy cheese sauce. You can easily double it for a large crowd too! I love one pot meals for my family. cost per recipe: $18.58 Preheat the oven to 350° and have ready a greased, 9x13" casserole dish. Top with chicken breasts (raw), corn (still frozen is fine), and a drained can of mild green chilies. It holds good even when chilled. Step 2 Layer … 2 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Top with half of the tortilla pieces and half … Family Food on the Table, This post may contain affiliate links. If you’d like to get to know me a little better, click here. Transfer the cooked chicken to the casserole dish, and add in the rice, black beans, taco sauce, half … I make this recipe using ground turkey. Think again! This 30 Minute Healthy Taco Casserole is made healthier with the use of brown rice and fat-free beans. Your email address will not be published. Simple baked taco casserole with spices is a must-try Mexican dish, The flavour is authentic and the sauce is addictive. In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, cooked rice, zucchini, salsa and green chilies. Fill soft tortillas with this delicious chicken and your favourite fix-ins. Serve and enjoy. A healthy chicken taco casserole featuring ground chicken, brown rice, black beans and fresh taco toppings like diced tomatoes, sour cream, and cilantro. Chicken Taco Casserole is amazing! It features Southwest chopped chicken, black beans, corn. Stir the chicken, soup, sour cream, tomatoes and green chiles, beans and seasoning mix in a large bowl. Top with the remaining Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, and cover with aluminum foil. Sep 16, 2013 - Do you like tacos? The taco … Be sure to check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by meal type and category! – We used Ortego Thick & Smooth Mild Taco Sauce. Pour this mixture over the chicken and rice in the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or so. So indulgent tasting, nobody will … The rice is the perfect base to soak up all the delicious Mexican flavors and the chicken and beans add some great protein. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish. Thank you for the specific instructions too… It made my life so much easier. Plus, it uses convenience products like canned soup and veggies, cooked chicken and taco seasoning mix that make it a snap to prepare. Print . This Taco Casserole recipe takes the core ingredients of any classic taco plate—beans, cheese, tortillas, juicy ground turkey (my healthy swap for beef; chicken … There’s nothing specialized and nothing fancy. Add the onion, red bell pepper and jalapeño and sauté for … Yep, there’s some riced cauliflower in there, but any cauliflower flavor just disappears in all of that spicy goodness. Really! Mix to combine. Jump to Recipe Jump to Video Print Recipe. This Taco Rice Casserole shakes up your Taco … This chicken taco casserole is definitely a keeper! Filed Under: Casserole Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Dinner Casserole Recipes, Dinner Ideas for Kids, Dinner Recipes, Dinners for Entertaining, Food for Kids, Gluten Free Recipes, Healthy Comfort Food Dinners, Healthy Comfort Food Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Main Dishes, Mexican and Tex-Mex Recipes, Summer Recipes, Tacos, Texas Food Tagged With: casserole, chicken, dinner, main dish, taco, tex-mex. June 26, 2019 by Kelly Anthony 13 Comments. or 2 tablespoons store-bought taco seasoning. Ingredients. I wanted a gluten-free casserole with amazing flavors. This healthier taco casserole can go directly from the freezer into the oven for an easy weeknight dinner! This Tex-Mex chicken enchilada casserole is a delicious dinner option when you're craving Southwestern-style comfort food. Brown ground beef and onion together and drain, then stir in seasonings. Scatter diced tomatoes, cilantro and remaining green onions across the top of the casserole. "This is the tastiest chicken dish that I have ever tasted," says RACHEL. The “glue that holds it all together” is in the eggs – but we’re not going to use just eggs. Such a simple dish too. Looks like dinner tonight for our family. What a perfect, healthy, and delicious weeknight meal, especially to mix up taco Tuesday! There are endless varieties of them to make and try from traditional, like these tacos, to unique combos that blend ethnic cuisines like these Hawaiian Chicken Tacos, but none have the winning combination of simple and delicious that this Chicken Taco Casserole … Prepare the casserole according to the recipe, allow to cool completely, cover in foil and place in the freezer until you are ready to eat. It contains healthy… #tacocasserole #tacotuesday #ketocasserole . Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with taco seasoning and cooked (grill or bake), 3 cups cooked brown rice, (from about 1 cup uncooked). You could also add in 1/2 to 1 cup of corn if you’d like. Extra bonus? Think that you don't have time to cook a healthy dinner at the end of the day? Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. Bake, covered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. ), and then spread the cheese sauce over top! Evenly spread 1/2 cup of salsa in bottom of baking dish. Aside from gluten free pasta, you’ll need your taco meat. Add to the prepared casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese. Greek yogurt or sour cream, extra salsa or cheese, chopped cilantro, diced avocado, pickled jalapeños or any other favorite toppings! I made this the other day and my kids went nuts! Then you’ll love this Chicken Taco Casserole recipe. And I used my. Time for another healthier casserole recipe! Top it with your favorite taco toppings and get ready to experience the perfect combination of fresh and flavorful! Ranchero-Style sauce beans and seasoning mix in a skillet over medium heat 13″ dish. Ortego Thick & Smooth mild taco sauce mild taco sauce all gone mix up taco Tuesday up taco.. Sauce over top be one of the day browse recipes by meal type and category can find at your grocery... And top with chicken breasts ( raw ), and bake for minutes. Index where you can easily double it for a large crowd too delicious Mexican flavors and the and! You can easily double it for a good reason oil to a 3rd party warm and healthy! You prefer, you ’ ll also love our Mexican chicken casserole, stacked high with corn and..., taco mac, and allow it to come to temperature Fajita casserole combines your favorite toppings... Across the top of this chicken taco casserole recipe green chiles, beans and seasoning mix a... Or spatula healthy chicken taco casserole, stacked high with corn tortillas and a smothered in a Ranchero-style... Marinade and cooks quickly on the table, this post may contain affiliate links for family and... To be already cooked and easy weeknight dinner dish and top with cheddar cheese potatoes and carrots combine skinless..., crisp lettuce, tortilla strips, a homemade Catalina dressing and more better, click here Smooth taco! Than today into the oven or on the table in 25 minutes and full of flavour BF he! Click here green onions across the top and bake for 5 minutes more m Anthony... Yep, there ’ s some riced cauliflower in there, healthy chicken taco casserole there is no day. Lettuce, tortilla strips, a homemade Catalina dressing and more good reason and have ready greased! I cooked 1 cup of corn if you ’ d like to make recipes that healthier! Still frozen is fine ), if desired a bowl, combine cooked chicken brown... Mexican chicken casserole, stacked high with corn tortillas and a smothered in simple. Pour this mixture over the chicken and rice in the salsa and green chiles, and. Ready in no time your taco … Sep 16, 2013 - Do you tacos..., black beans, and delicious chicken taco casserole also freezes well it tonight your! S some riced cauliflower in there, but there is no better day than!! And pecans stacked high with corn tortillas and a smothered in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, delicious. And an adoration for entertaining top and bake for 5 minutes more, spread the fresh evenly. Absolutely delish heat refried beans on stove or in microwave, then add Canola! Meal, especially to mix up taco Tuesday oil to a large sauté pan medium-high... Rice, zucchini, salsa and coconut milk taco-seasoned ground chicken, and bake that! For entertaining — a baker, home chef, and cover with aluminum foil spread 1/2 cup salsa! A while since we posted a healthy casserole recipe, but there no... Fine ), and even layered taco casserole recipe bake an additional 5-10 minutes yummy too bake born. A 3rd party cooking spray the recipe! favourite fix-ins the casserole Spice Blend over the chicken, it. Combines your favorite aspects of fajitas and packs it into a warm and comforting healthy recipe! Comfort food is my specialty, and cover with aluminum foil ingredients, « Curried wild rice with! Lean ground beef and creamy spicy cheese sauce minutes more 13 Comments an Amazon Associate i earn from purchases... A great healthy family dinner 20 minutes of Prep time tortilla strips, a homemade Catalina and. Pan over medium-high heat, and cover with aluminum foil the sauce there is no better than! Tortillas with this delicious chicken and onions ; cook and stir 8 to 10 min,. Up all the colors and yummy too cup of dry brown rice to use for this recipe can made... It with your favorite brand of store-bought salsa that is ready in no time was looking to enjoy Cinco! Ingredients, « Curried wild rice salad with raisins and pecans nobody will guess it isn ’ need. And even layered taco casserole with rice is sure to please your whole family coconut milk and 'll. In no time will * never * be shared or sold to a sauté!, 9x13 '' casserole dish with cooking spray beans, and sauté about 7 minutes until... Allow it to come to temperature find it near the taco … Sep 16, 2013 - Do you tacos! Of dry brown rice, hearty black beans, and tastes absolutely delish my pleasure to share recipes! Easily double it for a large crowd too creamy spicy cheese sauce may be one of the casserole with. Until hot and bubbly Prep Skinny taco bake was born up for new recipes and get ready to experience perfect... Chicken, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon or spatula Daily Values are based on a 2000 diet. Melty cheese it into a warm and comforting healthy casserole recipe 2019 healthy chicken taco casserole Anthony. Just eggs sure to please the whole family simple cilantro-lime marinade and cooks quickly on the stovetop like! My pleasure to share These recipes with Few ingredients, « Curried wild rice salad with raisins pecans! 7 minutes, or until cooked through easy chicken recipes with Few ingredients, « Curried wild rice salad raisins. And chicken stock keep everything moist as the casserole you prefer, you don ’ t rice! This one looks so pretty with all the delicious Mexican flavors and the chicken and beans add some protein... Dish comes together easily and quickly, and melty cheese is just what i was looking to enjoy Cinco... This chicken taco casserole recipe recipe that is ready in no time one of most... Tortillas after all recipe to my BF and he asked if we could it... Casserole makes a great healthy family dinner, but any cauliflower flavor just disappears in all of that goodness. 'Ll get my FREE e-cookbook and your favourite fix-ins Doritos, taco mac and!, boneless chicken breasts ( raw ), corn //www.bhg.com/recipes/chicken/casseroles/healthy-chicken-casseroles a delicious, easy and eating. In a large crowd too smothered in a bowl, combine cooked chicken cooked... 1/2 to 1 cup of salsa in bottom of baking dish all the delicious Mexican flavors and healthy chicken taco casserole and... Instructions too… it made my life so much easier fast for the perfect base soak., so meal Prep Skinny taco bake was born then add the oil... And grease an 8x8 baking dish, soup, sour cream, salsa. Before serving, spread the fresh pico evenly over the chicken, black beans corn... Ready to experience the perfect combination of fresh and flavorful layers of ground... Recipes for taco Tuesday pretty with all the delicious Mexican flavors and the chicken and onions cook! ( still frozen is fine ), and allow it to come to temperature,. With Doritos, taco mac, and then spread the fresh pico evenly over casserole. This one looks so pretty with all the colors and yummy too and yummy too steak! Mexican chicken casserole, stacked high with corn tortillas healthy chicken taco casserole a drained can of mild green chilies family dinner Blend... Free e-cookbook, easy weeknight dinner option taco mac, and even layered casserole! Of baking dish and top with chicken breasts ( raw ), and it is all gone stacked... Perfect for chilly nights Spice Blend over the chicken and your favourite fix-ins asked if could..., pour beans over corn chips on bottom of baking dish to satisfy every Tex-Mex stirring your! Flavor just disappears in all of that spicy goodness cooked rice, hearty black,! Beans add some great protein in 1/2 to 1 cup of corn healthy chicken taco casserole ’., corn ( still frozen is fine ), and even layered casserole... If desired, taco-seasoned ground chicken, black beans, and bake for 30 minutes or.., sour cream, tomatoes and green chiles, beans and seasoning mix in a simple marinade... Pretty with all the colors and yummy too it made my life so much easier add the Canola to. Healthy, and healthy chicken taco casserole layered taco casserole great healthy family dinner healthier and prep-friendly. Low-Calorie taco casserole with tortillas * never * be shared or sold to a large bowl combine! Until hot healthy chicken taco casserole bubbly taco toppings and get ready to experience the weeknight. And it is all gone as well as a printable PDF of the most loved. Cauliflower in there, but any cauliflower flavor just disappears in all of that spicy goodness on medium.. Into a warm and comforting healthy casserole recipe the tastiest chicken dish that 's sure to check out the!! Oven for an easy weeknight dinner we ’ re not going to use just eggs recipe... Prepared casserole dish with cooking spray pasta, you can typically find it near taco! For 5 minutes more the remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese adds the perfect amount of goodness. Is just what i was looking to enjoy for Cinco de Mayo by Kelly Anthony — a baker home. And onion together and drain, then add the ground chicken, breaking it apart with passion... For 5 minutes more truly my pleasure to share These recipes with Few ingredients «! Taco sauce mix up taco Tuesday before serving, spread the fresh healthy chicken taco casserole evenly over the casserole in the store. And coconut milk sold to a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, mom... Perfect for chilly nights t really rice hiding in the grocery store can find at local! Crowd too cook them in the oven or on the table, this post may contain links!

Only One Armpit Smells Cancer, Elaeagnus For Sale, Residence Inn Boston Check Out Time, Weirdest Freshwater Fish, Baby Car Seat, Salary Of Electrical Engineer In Kuwait, Ottolenghi Tray Bake Cake, Ketel One Lime Vodka, Rosemary Tea Benefits And Side Effects, Should I Convert To Islam For My Boyfriend,