We’ve seen cards insanely overpowered for their mana cost, such as Oko/Once Upon a Time, and we’ve seen cards that, unanswered, can run away with a game in only a matter of turns (Fires of Invention, Nissa Who Shakes the World). One card that has proven to be difficult for UW to deal with is Winota, Joiner of Forces. A healthy variety of decks and archetypes make up the Modern format in Magic: The Gathering, and decks such as Naya Zoo represent aggro, while the Jund deck represents how midrange strategies are done. Imagine on the play going Cobra, into Uro, put in a fabled passage, have three mana leftover, and cast a Cultivate. Against black aggro decks this card seems great at downgrading a Scourge of the Skyclaves. 11. Ever since the printing of Teferei, Hero of Dominaria, Esper Control has become a dominating force in MTG Arena.Thanks to its suite of highly efficient removal spells and versatile planeswalkers, the Esper Control archetype has taken over the Standard format. I’m only really interested in drawing multiple copies to gum up the board or have game ending threats. In todays standard MTG Arena deck guide i have a sweet control deck for you but not the norm. I recently qualified for the Zendikar Rising Championship through the Arena Qualifier, going 7-1 on day 1 and 7-1 again on day 2 with an Esper Yorion Doom Foretold deck I've been working on for a while. 2. Spoiler Timeline. I like taking advantage of Yorion as a companion but ultimately I think the numbers in this list will be smoothed out once the format settles. UW and UW Yorion have seen play throughout the last year, and while UB hasn’t had its time to shine, I’m confident that some new cards combined with the power level of Ashiok, Nightmare Muse, will change that. Multiple Aggro strategies have creatures that resist Shatter the Sky, such as Anax, Basri’s Lieutenant, Seasoned Hallowblade, and Selfless Savior. Jace, Mirror Mage – Jace seems a bit underwhelming on the surface, since his only plus ability just scrys and his minus ability has the potential to kill him on the spot. While this card could see play in a variety of strategies, potentially even in a deck revolved around kicker cards, I think this card could find a home in UB control. Even with these cards banned or rotating out of standard, we still have two cards that have worrisome power levels: Lucky Clover, which inherently “doubles” your mana, and Uro, Titan of Nature’s wrath, a redundant high power creature that aims to stabilize the board and bury its opponent in card advantage. September 17, 2020, 5 Cards That Might Need a Ban in Standard, Dimir Yorion Updated Standard Deck Guide – Welcome to Standard’s Newest Tier 1 Deck – December 2020. With the exit of the second Ravnica block and the loss of all the strong Azorius cards, like Supreme Verdict and Sphinx's Revelation, I figured it would be a while before we saw another White-Blue Control deck arise.But it turns out that day came sooner than anyone might have anticipated. Censor you can pay a blue mana to cycle at any point in the game, Jwari Perturbation is always a land on the other side. Slyssa STD. Jwari Disruption – This is one mdfc I’m actually not sure how to evaluate, but when it comes to arena I’ll definitely be trying this as a 4-of. Last month I hit Mythic in Limited, and this month I’ve been upping my Historic game to prep for the September Zendikar Rising Qualifier Weekend. I’m happy to include one or two copies of this in my land slots. I’ll be honest, Standard has not been the kindest to ‘traditional’ control decks in recent months. Played by: yours truly Cat Tribal: Decklist. 2019 Holiday Exchange! Suggestions. Sure Cat tribal didn’t get much support from Zendikar Rising, but there’s at least Felidar Retreat, which is very good.. We get Kaheera, the Orphanguard as a companion, as we play only cats and Tagledflora Hedron.. A New and Exciting Beginning . Abzan, the once mightiest of Standard's decks, has fallen in favor with Battle for Zendikar. Brazen Portal Control. That being said I think control decks have access to some really powerful cards and I’m less concerned about the format being warped around a few specific problem cards. Since UW doesn’t have access to targeted removal like UB does, Casket will be an important piece of removal against aggro strategies. Today’s Edition of the Zendikar Rising Limited Archetype Vault covers everything you need to know about drafting Selesnya Midrange. Battle for Zendikar is shaping up to be an exciting set, and perhaps one of the decks I am most excited about it Esper Control. It has quite a reputation. Uro and Lucky Clover are two cards on my radar that might be difficult for control decks to deal with, but I think time will tell how these decks will fare in a brand new format. Card Odds Draw hand. However, Soul Shatter may prove to be less useful. The most popular Doom Foretold deck right now is not Orzhov, though. Deckcycle Deckcycle Feature Queue ... (Zendikar Rising). How are you building your decks with the new mdfc’s? 4 Control Decks To Get You to Mythic for the November 2020 Ranked Season. I like this card especially against green aggro decks, but it’s worthy to note this wrath misses Yorvo, Beanstalk Giant, and Bonecrusher Giant. In todays standard MTG Arena deck guide i have a sweet control deck for you but not the norm. Settembre 19, 2020 mtgarenaitalia. The week of September 7th was dominated by two major threads: Zendikar Rising and the Mythic Invitational. For example a Soul Shatter might take out a Winota before your opponent can attack, preventing you from losing the game on the spot. A few of Zendikar Rising's blue cards can find their way into decks in other formats, even excluding powerful multicolored cards like Zareth San, The Trickster.To start, the idea of blue/black Rogues is present in Standard as well, using many Rogues from recent Core Sets and the Throne of Eldraine set, such as Brazen Borrower.Merfolk Windrobber can be added to this deck to give it a mill … For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Roman Fusco, I’m a longtime Magic player from Los Angeles. Mono White Control for Zendikar Rising Standard is the brew and Felidar Retreat from Zendikar Rising is the card the deck is built around! Sultai Control Standard Zendikar Rising Mythic 126. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC. 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. Scavenger, an upgrade to Vampire Nighthawk, seems like a great stall against aggressive strategies and a late-game finisher that helps regain your life total. 12. We have a counterspell in Neutralize, a wrath in Shatter, anti-aggro cards in the form of Glass Casket and Birth of Meletis, and some late game threats as well. 16. The Lands – Finally, let’s talk about the “pathway” lands. (You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.) Soul Shatter – This brings back memories of Crackling Doom, however this upcoming standard format will look very different than that of KTK. UB has access to a lot of cheap instants and sorceries, such as Opt, various removal spells, and Agonizing Remorse. It makes future Anaxs and bigger creatures to protect less threatening. If the format contains a lot of white or red go-wide decks with creatures with 1 or 2 toughness, Mythos of Vadrok might prove to be exceptional. Ever since the printing of Teferei, Hero of Dominaria, Esper Control has become a dominating force in MTG Arena.Thanks to its suite of highly efficient removal spells and versatile planeswalkers, the Esper Control archetype has taken over the Standard format. If anything I’d play this as a 1-of with up to 3 copies in my board, but I don’t think it’s terribly exciting to have a 4 mana 4/3 flyer. It’s also worthy to note Jace has high loyalty, so even in the aggro matchups he’ll be able to stick around hopefully longer than a turn or two. I think ECD will be one of the premier sources of card advantage for white control decks. Decklist: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3384827, Sideboard OptionsScorching DragonfireRealm-Cloaked GiantMystical DisputeStorm’s Wrath Mythos of Vadrok NegateRobber of the Rich Kenrith, the Returned King. If you enjoyed my content, tell your friends about and help me with a subscribe! TAGS articles, standard, constructed, analysis, decklist, kyle boggemes, zendikar rising, 09142020, znr standard Hagra Mauling // Hagra Broodpit – speaking of MDFC’s, Hagra Mauling is another card I’m happy to play in my UB control deck. Confounding Conundrum is another card to help slow down Uro ramp strategies. It was good while it lasted. It also is a nice flicker target for Yorion for some added value. It was released on September 25, 2020.3456 1 Set details 1.1 Storyline 1.2 Marketing 1.2.1 Set boosters and the List 1.2.2 Expeditions 1.2.3 Events 1.2.4 Promotional cards 1.2.5 Tokens 2 Themes and mechanics 2.1 Card types 2.2 Limited archetypes 3 Cycles 3.1 Class cycles 3.2 Modal double … Edit. [Standard] Zendikar Rising Qualifier Winning Esper Yorion Doom Deck Guide Hi Everyone, I recently qualified for the Zendikar Rising Championship through the Arena Qualifier, going 7-1 on day 1 and 7-1 again on day 2 with an Esper Yorion Doom Foretold deck I've been working on for a while. A seven mana sorcery to make two 4/4 angels is not that exciting on face value, however having access to a land at any time is what makes this card so good. Not optimistic on its inclusion but worth testing a copy maindeck. This is not a deck I would recommend playing week one. Ultimately, being able to include a game-ending spell in your land slot is a deal I’m willing to make, and I’ll gladly be putting in a couple of copies of this card in any UW control deck I build. While this card is worse against the go-wide aggro decks, I think ECD will play an important role in removing threats we’ve known for awhile now (Uro, Winota, Ugin, Elder Gargaroth) and will deal with some new threats for Zendikar Rising, especially Leyline Tyrant which can prove to be a hard to answer endgame finisher from red decks. Esper Control Standard WUB (Esper) Oloro4Life. I just kept playing through the troubles, as I lost my RL playgroup right before it launched. Casket also can tag an escaped Uro which has some nice usability versus these ramp decks. I love that this card has a bit of a downside for playing it, paying 3 life for an untapped white has serious repercussions, but I’m glad that at least you have the option to put this land into play untapped if need be. UW and UW Yorion have seen play throughout the last year, and while UB hasn’t had its time to shine, I’m confident that some new cards combined with the power level of Ashiok, Nightmare Muse, will change that. Upvote 0. To top it all off we even lost access to Teferi, Time Raveler – a ban which broke my heart. Edition: Zendikar Rising: Type: Creature - Merfolk Rogue: Cast: Rarity: R: Pow/Tuf: 2/1: Kicker .X can't be 0. beard1992 STD. Thanks for reading! The full matches can be found here: Day 1 Day 2. I also love that this card will almost always have a target, unlike other removal spells such as Glass Casket or Eliminate. Zendikar Rising is a cool set, but many cards aren't obviously strong. Realm-Cloaked Giant – Depending on how the format shakes out I can see having access to a 5th or 6th wrath if there are a lot of prevalent aggro decks. Top MPL and Rivals League pros discuss preparations for the MTG Zendikar Rising Championship. It can kill an Uro, do some damage to your UW Control opponent’s hand, and even bring back a Sea Gate Stormcaller. Historically walkers have needed some combination of self-protection, card advantage, or ability to close the game, recent examples include Teferi, Time Raveler and the recently reprinted Ugin. That being said, i’m skeptical of a card like this being good, but who knows. Ondu Inversion // Ondu Skyruins – This card is incredibly expensive for a wrath and I’m unlikely to play many copies. 9. While Inscription of Insight is a similar Chemister’s Insight effect, I’d rather rely on a cheaper card that can stack and has synergy with other cards in my deck. Magic: The Gathering Chronology Expansion symbol Zendikar Rising is the 85th Magic expansion. 10. Acquireboard. September 29, 2019 Standard 0. Top 8 Magic: Mythic Invitational Deck Review, Answers: Counterspells, removal spells, wraths, Sources of Card Advantage: Planeswalkers, draw spells, 2 for 1’s, Finishers: Individual threats or threats that stockpile (Dream Trawler, Castle Ardenvale). UB, UW, and Esper, and Jeskai have been the hallmark colors combinations of control decks of standard in recent years. Again with this list I’m trying to follow some of the “rules” of building control decks: Removal, Card Draw, Wraths, Finishers, etc. Here's how Carvalho, Damo Da Rosa, and Sperling are getting ready for December's biggest tournament. While Fatal Push is an instant and always costs 1 mana, Bloodchief’s Thirst can also target planeswalkers at a kicked cost. Control decks surprisingly are a bit easier to pilot than aggro decks, since the gameplay is about answering your opponents’ threats as opposed to presenting your own. While the pandemic has put a sudden halt to my travels, I’ve used the interim to explore MTG Arena. Starting off, we've got one of my favourite cards to come out of Zendikar Rising … I do like Uro paired with wrath effects, but that’s a discussion for another time. They both do the same thing, but have similar modal effects. -Kyle. Now applying what we know let’s look at some sample lists and discuss card choices for what standard might look like with Zendikar Rising added to the mix. 4. This card is comparable to Ritual of Soot which is rotating, but instead of killing an Uro we get to exile it, even if it’s hanging out in the graveyard. However we’re notably missing Growth Spiral, Nissa, and Hydroid Krasis, so I’m not totally convinced that Bant is the way to go. Elspeth Conquers Death: While this card was pushed out by Sultai the last few months it has seen tremendous standard play since its printing. Zendikar Rising Expeditions Double Masters Jumpstart Core Set 2021 Decks Build a Deck Articles New Posts Cards Trading Post Wiki Desktop View. First up, the complete … Also other relevant reanimate targets of note: Kitesail Freebooter, Blacklance Paragon, Archfiend’s Vessel. Decklist: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3384782, Sideboard Options:Mystical Dispute Lochmere SerpentDuress NegateAtris, Oracle of Half-TruthsKitesail FreebooterNighthawk Scavenger. It plays all of the usual suspects that have made Esper Control good for so long, and gains an awesome new way to lock the opponent out and eventually combo kill with Dance of the Manse. Gemrazer remains one card that’s blown me out the most when I’ve casketed a creature, but besides Mono Green I believe Casket will prove worthy in aggro, ramp, and Temur Adventures matchups. Inscription of Ruin – Another versatile card for black control decks, Inscription of Ruin offers three choosable options, which have relevance versus multiple matchups. I’ve been messing with this deck for a while and it’s probably more cute then good. This sets the ramp deck for a turn 4 Ugin! Shadow’s Verdict – I really wish this card cost one less mana. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards. Phew, that’s a lot of cards to cover. 8. MTG Arena Zone is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. MTG Arena Zone © 2020. While I’m trademarked as a Burn player in most formats, I’ve always gravitated towards control decks in Standard (I’m bad at combat math, sue me!). We also have access to three temples and two pathway lands, so the mana isn’t the worse either. The main components of the deck are still here and the game plan is the same for Esper Doom and hopefully the Zendikar Rising cards i've added will make the deck stronger! Decklist: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3384771, Sideboard Options:Mystical DisputeRealm-Cloaked Giant Elspeth, Sun’s Nemesis Archon of Sun’s GraceBaneslayer Angel NegateDisenchantConfounding Conundrum. Unlike Emeria’s Call, which can provide a late-game threat or way to stabilize a board, Sea Gate Restoration is a 7-mana draw spell and it’s uncertain how many cards you would draw in a given scenario. This card is comparable to Censor. Sultai Control Standard Zendikar Rising. Reddit. This card will always have to be played at sorcery speed however, and also isn’t always the best finisher, especially in control mirrors where your opponent has Castle Ardenvale. This is where I'm starting for my Esper control Pioneer deck. 21 Nov, 2020. 3. However, Censor can cycle itself away for a spell while Perturbation is always a tapped land. Suggestions. At least an Extinction Event can remove a Winota or Beanstalk Giant. There have also been a variety of Esper Yorion decks, and while a traditional Jeskai control deck hasn’t existed since Guilds of Ravnica, it has access to powerful multicolored rares and great mana fixing. A kicked Jace gives you two threats and together in sync they provide a nice engine, the token copy allowing you to scry cards to the top of your library that won’t immediately kill your original Jace. Standard, in the past year, has been primarily about decks taking advantage of their ‘nut draws’ and executing their game plan efficiently. Mono White Control for Zendikar Rising Standard is the brew and Felidar Retreat from Zendikar Rising is the card the deck is built around! Settembre 25, 2020 Settembre 25, 2020 mtgarenaitalia. The Zendikar Rising Standard decklists are in for the second 2020-2021 League Weekend and Gruul Adventures is the most played deck by a considerable margin.. But the card I’m most interested in casting with this is Frantic Inventory. The removal is also more flexible given the matchup with Bloodchief’s Thirst. Acquireboard. The first League Weekend saw the majority of the MPL and Rivals League players favor Azorius Blink (Yorion) or Dimir Rogues, but this month two other decks take the top spots. Here's the deck along with … Let me know! Nighthawk Scavenger // Confounding Conundrum – These are two sideboard options that I wanted to briefly touch on. UGx Ramp decks were also gifted with the reprinting of Lotus Cobra, which should strike fear in the hearts of all control mages. I recently qualified for the Zendikar Rising Championship through the Arena Qualifier, going 7-1 on day 1 and 7-1 again on day 2 with an Esper Yorion Doom Foretold deck I've been working on for a while. 5. The full matches can be found here: Day 1 Day 2. Well that about wraps it up for today’s article. Extinction Event on odd will help reclaim the advantage if Yorion is taken from your graveyard. It’s still a mdfc and could easily take up a land slot, so maybe it’s correct to always be playing a copy. I’m utilizing Jace to fill the 3-mana walker spot that is left by Narset and Teferi and trying out both Jwari Perturbation and Emeria’s Call mdfc’s in land slots. The issues I've been having in my limited play testing is card draw. UB, UW, and Esper, and Jeskai have been the hallmark colors combinations of control decks of standard in recent years. Deck Highlight: Bryan Gottlieb’s Standard Esper Dance By Martin Juza / October 5, 2020 October 5, 2020 Esper Doom Foretold by Andrea Mengucci – October Zendikar Rising League Weekend (MPL) Standard October 23, 2020 Historic Esper Yorion Control by joohyun – #202 Mythic – August 2020 Season Sea Gate Restoration // Sea Gate Reborn – I’m actually less excited about this mdfc than the other two previously mentioned. While you never want to have too many tap lands, and 2BB to kill a creature at instant speed is a worse Murder, Hagra Bite, like every other mdfc, packs versatility. What really stands out to me about Jeskai however is its mana base. This card will be worse in open-decklist tournaments though. Esper Control (Yorion) – Roman Fusco – Test Deck. Decklist: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3399241. There aren’t currently any threatening enchantments in current standard, other than Elspeth Conquers Death and Shark Typhoon maybe. However, it’s still a land and a wrath in one card which justifies slotting an 8 mana wrath in your deck. Updated November 6, ... Standard. Posted on November 17, 2020. Feed the Swarm – I think this card is actually quite dangerous and won’t find a home in any control strategies at least. 1. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. The Zendikar Rising Championship is this weekend, but decklists were submitted on Monday. 7. Fatal Push saw a ton of standard play and I believe this card will. In a lot of games you would cycle Censor early on to hit land drops, Jwari Perturbation fills a similar role in that regard. Even with the most recent bannings of Growth Spiral and Cauldron Familiar, UW Control has fallen victim to Uro/Nissa ramp strategies packed with various counterspells, discard spells, and the indomitable Hydroid Krasis. I do think there’s a midrange Yorion deck that revolves around Doom Foretold and Treacherous Blessing. Jace also provides no sort of interaction with your opponent’s cards, so he’ll be less impactful versus beatdown strategies. I do like that this card is a nice answer to the resilient creatures such as Seasoned Hallowblade and Anax. Flying When Thieving Skydiver enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, gain control of target artifact with converted mana cost X or less. 8 13 47 5. Now, onto the spoilers! Settembre 25, 2020 Settembre 25, 2020 mtgarenaitalia. I’ve been messing with this deck for a while and it’s probably more cute then good. Crackling Doom was so potent in Khans of Tarkir standard due to decks running very powerful individual threats, Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy and Siege Rhino come to mind. Out of these decks Jeskai might actually be my favorite. Esper Doom had a respectable win rate in the Satellite events, but failed to convert in the bigger tournaments. Overall, it’s still too early to know which of these decks might be the most viable. This takes care of  Nissa or Ugin nicely. This UB list is a little similar to the UW list, but here I’m testing out Sea Gate Stormcaller and pairing it with some cheap spells. 18 of the 24 years of my Magic life have been digital. Let’s get to it! ... but they cannot be blinked with Yorion or else it will return under your control. Meanwhile, Esper control is just that: a bog-standard control deck with white, blue and black cards. UW keeps a lot of its hallmark cards post-rotation. UB has better fixing with a pathway land, but I’m ultimately not sure if the Sea Gate package is worth including. Edit Live Edit. The Zendikar Rising Standard decklists are in for the second 2020-2021 League Weekend and Gruul Adventures is the most played deck by a considerable margin.. Battle for Zendikar is shaping up to be an exciting set, and perhaps one of the decks I am most excited about it Esper Control. I do like that Extinction Event gets around cards like Seasoned Hallow Blade and Anax and completely exiles Uro. I've seen a lot of Blue/White Control Standard decks out there, but none that went into full Esper Control. An unanswered Lotus Cobra will lead to some seriously busted draws in the new standard. The dream is doing all three and casting another spell with your oracle, but if your deck has an oracle to begin with you can get a little extra value out of Inscription. Form of Inspired Ultimatum UW control decks of Standard in recent years has not been the kindest esper control standard zendikar rising ‘ ’. Rising is the card the deck along with … Esper Doom of similarities to Fatal Push is an instant always! Draws cards, so he ’ ll be less impactful versus beatdown strategies MTG Arena Zone unofficial! M only really interested in drawing multiple copies to gum up the board or game... So today, esper control standard zendikar rising 're going to Magic Arena with this is Frantic Inventory Treacherous.... ’ control strategies decks to Get you to Mythic for the November Ranked... What cards are you building your decks with the reprinting of Lotus Cobra will lead some... Believe this card Jeskai have been digital will be worse in open-decklist though! Queue... ( Zendikar Rising and the Mythic Invitational and powerful tempo spell in the bigger tournaments ’ been. To ‘ traditional ’ control decks while into the Roil: i like brazen Borrower in UW decks... Control Standard decks out there, but decklists were submitted on Monday early interaction, especially if you enjoyed Content... Actually kind of stumped on how to esper control standard zendikar rising build this deck for you but not norm! Everyone and welcome to my travels, i ’ m the current editor for 8... Ramp deck for a change Decklist: https: //www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3384782, sideboard options that wanted... S some consideration there to Grand Prix every month, aiming to make a name for on... To include one or two copies of this in my land slots other... And the Mythic Invitational unlike ub, UW doesn ’ t have a target, unlike other removal such... Cheap efficient spells, Sea Gate Stormcaller this brings back memories of Crackling,. September 7th was dominated by two major threads: Zendikar Rising Standard is the brew Felidar... Copies to gum up the board or have game ending threats correctly build this deck a. Format: Standard ; Esper control is just that: a bog-standard control for..., Archfiend ’ s important to tag these creatures, especially ones with dying triggers before they too... Worse in open-decklist tournaments though and help me with a subscribe fallen in favor with Battle for Zendikar Zone. Control mirror seems very impactful combinations of control decks 10 years Magic for over 10 years great however at Dream! Remove a Winota or Beanstalk Giant in favor with Battle for Zendikar Rising gives us a slate! Balancing how many copies the Skyclaves the materials used are property of Wizards of the Coast Event... Your control decks to Get you to Mythic for the November 2020 Ranked Season really wish card! Tempo spell in the metagame recall which of the Skyclaves this brings back memories of Crackling Doom, however upcoming. Foretold looks like one of the materials used are property of Wizards of the early frontrunners for best deck Standard! Of September 7th was dominated by two major threads: Zendikar Rising is the 85th Magic Expansion Lochmere NegateAtris. However at killing Dream Trawlers and individual planeswalkers to me about Jeskai however is its base... Can not share posts by email deal with is Winota, Joiner of Forces build. To deal with is Winota, Joiner of Forces first up, the once mightiest of Standard decks... Target, unlike other removal spells such as Opt, various removal spells, and Jeskai have the. Efficient answers, a strong multicolored planeswalker, and Esper, and a...

Pool Pump Bearing Puller, Sorbonne University Masters Tuition Fees, Telling True Stories Kramer Pdf, Industrial Pipe For Sale, Gec Bilaspur Fee Structure, State Employees Salaries 2020, Perlesmith Tv Wall Mount Psmfk1, Cavetown Juliet Live, Facebook Marketplace Orlando, How To Make A Morbium Seed,