Then add in the chopped carrot and sweet potato and toss with the onions and spices. Stir in turmeric, cumin, coriander, … Your email address will not be published. Carefully scoop about 2/3 of the soup … Then add in some chopped carrot and sweet potato and toss together with the onions and spices. This turned out great! We found a delicious sweet potato bread that we used for dipping which was too good! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Can You Freeze Sweet Potato Soup? I love making delicious vegan food and creating delicious vegan versions of all your old favorite dishes, so you can have your vegan cake and eat it too! If you prefer your soups to be thinner, then use an extra cup or even an extra two cups of vegetable stock during the cooking process. Loved the idea of adding nut butter at the end, makes it really creamy. Thanks Hilary! Creamy sweet potatoes and coconut cream blended with the rich, roasted flavor of almond butter. The not-secret-at-all ingredient is almond butter! Loved the thickness and richness. Put in a mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper; mix until coated. 2 ½ cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes. Top this nourishing soup … When the vegetables can be pierced easily with a fork, drain and reserve the liquid. Rude or insulting comments will not be accepted. Serve immediately. *This soup is very thick, if you prefer your soups to be thinner, then use an extra cup (or even an extra two cups) of vegetable stock during the cooking process. The perfect combination of sweet and salty makes this warm vegan sweet potato soup an ideal fall dinner. Bring to a boil. … Comment Policy: Your feedback is really appreciated! When it’s all blended return it to the pot. Blend with an immersion blender directly in the pot, or if you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer it in stages to your blender jug and blend until smooth. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Most traditional recipes for sweet potato soup … Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I would have never thought to put it in soup. ★☆ It also has a little secret ingredient (secret? Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Add spinach, stirring to break up any clumps, and salt. I’m all about soup these days. In a large pot, add in 2 tablespoons of water or vegetable broth. I used peanut butter. Step 3: Add enough water to cover the sweet … Sweet potato soup is a big bowl of comfort. ★☆ My family all had seconds! Combine spinach, sweet potato, beans, almond milk, onion, ginger, salt, and pepper in a medium pot; stir until combined. Add in some cayenne pepper and nutmeg and sauté with the onions. Over high heat, stir around until butter melts and the vegetables start to sizzle. Candied yams, sweet potato pie, and a good ol' baked sweet potato; when I think of soul food, these come to mind. Please do us a favor and rate the recipe as well as this really helps us! Great recipe. Five Ingredient Sweet Potato Soup. Chilly nights are the perfect excuse to curl up on the couch with a delicious, hearty bowl of coconut sweet potato soup! Add in some vegetable stock and coconut cream and bring to the boil. Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for 3-4 days and can be easily reheated, so don’t be intimidated by the fact that this is a big pot of soup, you’ll easily get through it over a few days. Hearty, filling and satisfying. Tag @lovingitvegan on Instagram and hashtag it #lovingitvegan. Get cozy with this vegan soup … Stir in tomatoes and ginger, cooking an addition 3 minutes. Enjoy a bowl filled with wholesome ingredients – including sweet potato, onion, coconut milk, cinnamon, ginger… The most helpful comments are the ones that give useful feedback for others who might make the recipe, tell about substitutions you made or adjustments you made and how it turned out, or assisting other commenters. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Using a sturdy cutting board and chef's knife, cut them in half and place on a baking tray with the cut side up. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. *You can switch for a different nut butter such as peanut butter or cashew butter. I’ve made it many times for my family and its always a hit. Preheat the oven at 360 F or 180 C.; Wash and clean the sweet potatoes. It is creamy, sweet, and spicy and so filling and comforting. Also used coconut milk instead of cream (because that’s what I had) and it was delicious! Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup – a creamy vegan soup made with whole food ingredients and minimal fuss to let the vegetables shine. Let it roast for 3-4 minutes on high heat. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 206 calories; protein 9.1g 18% DV; carbohydrates 41g 13% DV; fat 1.2g 2% DV; sodium 86.5mg 4% DV. It is dairy-free and oil-free. It is also freezer friendly if you’d like to freeze it. This super silky smooth and creamy vegan soup is packed with sweet potatoes, some … Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It's vegan, has cheap ingredients, is quick and easy to make. And it's paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and Whole30. Your feedback is really appreciated! Thanks for sharing and the great review! Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, until spinach is wilted, 10 to 15 minutes. Lots of wonderful, plant-based protein! Please read my disclosure policy. Need something to warm you up? Blend with an immersion blender or by transferring to your blender jug in stages and then returning to the pot. Homemade Soup with Roasted Sweet Potatoes Step by step instructions ()Roast Sweet Potatoes. I had some broth leftover from gluten free noodles I had boiled several days ago, so I used that in place of vegetable broth. How to make sweet potato soup A full list of ingredients, measurements, instructions, and a print button can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page. Mix well. I am a huge fan of sweet potatoes. Add some chopped onion, crushed garlic and minced ginger to a pot with some olive oil and sauté until the onions are softened. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Serve it with some black pepper sprinkled on top and some fresh cilantro. Easy sweet potato soup with coconut milk This simple sweet potato soup is magical. This creamy vegan sweet potato soup is warming, comforting, and cozy! Add in the vegetable stock and coconut cream, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat, cover the pot and leave to simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft and cooked. Add the sweet potato and broth, bring to a light simmer and cook for 7-8 minutes. You can freeze the sweet potato soup for up to 6 months. Sauté for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until the … Think of sweet potato and Thai food. This creamy vegan sweet potato soup is so rich and delicious and makes wonderful comfort food. Amount is based on available nutrient data. As you can see this soup is thick! Spiced Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup (Vegan + GF) This Thai-inspired sweet potato and coconut soup is vibrant, creamy, and warming. The combination sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Vegan Sweet Potato Soup Real Living Nutrition Services carrots, sweet potatoes, onion, salt, ground pepper, seeds, vegetable broth and 4 more Vegan Sweet Potato Soup Hungry Hutch vegetable oil, black pepper, sweet potatoes, yellow onion, ground allspice and 7 more It works. Into a large bowl, transfer half of soup mixture and, using an immersion blender, purée until smooth. Ready in less … Once boiling, adjust heat to bring soup to a simmer, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes longer. This vegan carrot ginger sweet potato soup is extremely delicious just like this, but you can switch it up in the following ways: Make it Spicy: Give this vegan carrot soup a spicy kick by adding 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and leave it to simmer until the potatoes and carrots are soft and cooked. This Vegan Sweet Potato Soup is perfect as a freezer meal! I added a couple of smallish potatoes for some carbs and 1/4 teaspoon of cumin and turmeric because I love them. Your email address will not be published. *You can switch coconut cream for full fat canned coconut milk if you prefer. It's not only delicious, it is rich in nutrients without leaving you feeling … Purée the soup, either in batches in a blender or food processor or using a hand-held blender. ★☆. … You can serve it as is with a green salad for a light lunch or dinner. It’s super filling and rich and creamy. Then add in some chopped carrot and sweet potato and toss together with the onions and spices. This vegan sweet potato soup is thick, creamy, hearty and makes the ultimate comfort food! This sweet potato soup with coconut milk is like a warm hug in a bowl. ★☆ A light coconut milk would do the job but wouldn’t be as delicious and the soup would be a thinner consistency as well. In a large, heavy pot or dutch oven, add garlic, onion, carrot, celery, vegan butter and a dash of salt. It’s a perfect recipe for the fall and winter season. This Vegan Creamy Sweet Potato Soup is achieved using both sweet and gold potatoes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Vegan Tomato, Chickpea, and Sweet Potato Soup Cozy vegan tomato chickpea soup with hearty sweet potatoes and incredible spices like garlic, cumin, and fresh basil. Course Main Course, Soup Keyword creamy vegan … Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. We used almond butter in this soup which works wonderfully well, but other nut butters that would also work in this sweet potato soup are peanut butter or cashew butter. Congrats! This plant-based soup … Hi I'm Alison Andrews, I'm the voice and cook behind Loving It Vegan and the author of Simple Vegan Dinner Recipes, a digital program created so that you always know the answer to: 'What's For Dinner?' If you prefer to use coconut milk then a full fat variety is going to be the tastiest for this soup, as it’s meant to be a very rich and creamy soup. Sweet potatoes are naturally creamy and maintains this consistency even after freezing. The almond butter was the secret ingredient I think. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer lightly for another 5-10 minutes until the sweet potato is easily pierced with a fork. Please read my. You’ll want to keep the heat on the lower side to keep the butter from burning. Light coconut milk would also be an option. Coconut Sweet Potato Soup. As a picky kid, they were one of the few healthy foods I would eat. So glad you enjoyed it Sean! How to make Vegan Sweet Potato Soup. Vegan Sweet Potato Soup Be the first to rate & review! Info. This was really good. This Five Ingredient Vegan Sweet Potato Soup is one of the simple plant based recipes in the latest cookbook from Nava Atlas, 5-Ingredient Vegan. So yummy!! It can also be frozen for future lunches and dinners. Step 2: Add in the cubed sweet potato, thyme, and salt. Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Soup A sweet and spicy soup with sweet potato, coconut milk, and yellow curry powder. About Me →, This post may contain affiliate links. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Add in the cayenne pepper and nutmeg and sauté. Cayenne pepper pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness of the carrots and sweet … Add the onion carrot, celery, and garlic, and sauté until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Cut sweet potatoes and onion into 1/2-inch chunks. You saved Vegan Sweet Potato Soup to your. Instructions. It’s all gone! I love making delicious vegan food and creating vegan versions of all your old favorites, so that you’ll never feel like you’re missing out. Add the chopped onion, crushed garlic and minced ginger to a pot with the olive oil and sauté until the onions are slightly softened. Serve with a sprinkle of black pepper and some fresh cilantro. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a486e2950f5b19231812c8c98ccd9d05" );document.getElementById("d44fb719c4").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hi I’m Alison Andrews! It’s definitely filling enough to be all you need for a good dinner and making it is so super easy that really, why wouldn’t you? Return the soup to the heat and bring back up to a simmer. Since putting peanut butter in our super ultra delicious vegan carrot soup, I was inspired to try some almond butter with this sweet potato soup, and it worked like a charm. Plenty creamy with a slight … It makes for a delicious lunch or light meal that’s … Find out more about me here. Now as a vegan chef sweet potatoes are still my favorite food, and one of the most delightful and soulful ingredients. They’re high in anti-inflammatory benefits, rich in magnesium, and are known to help boost the immune system. We used coconut cream, but coconut milk is also an option. Updated Nov 11, 2019 / Published: Sep 22, 2018 / This post may contain affiliate links. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. In a large stockpot, saute onions and garlic in a few Tbsp of veggie broth for about 3-4 minutes… They are easy to make and just perfect comfort food. This pumpkin and sweet potato soup is the perfect fall or autumn soup recipe for your vegetarian or vegan meal. As soon as they start to sizzle, turn the heat down to medium-low. Awesome! no, it’s not secret at all, of course I’m going to tell you) that takes this soup to next level delicious. Rude or insulting comments will not be accepted. It is smoky, flavorful, delicious and so hearty! My husband was really impressed and couldn’t figure out what about it was so good…he kept asking if there was bacon grease in it. So happy to hear that! In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering. The perfect combination of sweet and salty makes this warm vegan sweet potato soup an ideal fall dinner. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, sweet potato and salt. Made with minimal ingredients and warming spices for a spicy sweet soup. Creamy Vegan Sweet Potato Soup is gluten-free and ready in just 30 minutes. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. How To Make Vegan Sweet Potato Soup Add some chopped onion, crushed garlic and minced ginger to a pot with some olive oil and sauté until the onions are softened. Please do us a favor and rate the recipe as well as this really helps us! ; Season with salt and pepper and drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil. Sweet potato soup is one of my favourite soups to serve during the cool fall and winter months. Those also have a flavor balance that would blend well with this soup, but experiment with others if you like! « Vegan Burger – Firm, Grillable and Totally Divine! This plant-based soup is made with whole ingredients. Sweet Potato Soup Recipe: 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 large yellow onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1 1/2-inch piece of ginger, 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, 3/4 pound carrots, 3 cups … Perfect for a weeknight. With just a few ingredients it transforms into something complex and delicious. Step 1: Cook red onion and garlic in a large pot with canola oil until translucent. The most helpful comments are the ones that give useful feedback for others who might make the recipe, tell about substitutions you made or adjustments you made and how it turned out, or assisting other commenters. Add in some cayenne pepper and nutmeg and sauté with the onions. This Vegan Sweet Potato Lentil Soup is only 8 ingredients, made in 1 pot and is oil-free and gluten-free. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. (You’ll need it later.) Thank you! Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft. Add the sweet potatoes, coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil. In a Dutch oven, cook the chopped potatoes, chopped celery and chopped carrots in vegan vegetable broth and water until tender; about 15 minutes. This recipe is easy to make. The sweet and spicy flavors of this Vegan Thai Sweet Potato soup recipe will blow your mind away. ★☆ Cook, covered, until spinach is wilted, 10 to 15 minutes with some black pepper and fresh. Milk instead of cream ( because that ’ s a perfect recipe for personal.... 2018 / this post may contain affiliate links of ingredients to include in recipe the heat to a simmer cook. Soon as they start to sizzle, turn the heat down to medium-low with. Milk if you ’ ll want to keep the butter from burning medically restrictive diet, please consult your or... ( secret melts and the vegetables start to sizzle, turn the heat down to medium-low in... Immersion blender, purée until smooth a spicy sweet soup combination of sweet and spicy with..., rich in magnesium, and one of the most delightful and soulful ingredients rich! Add spinach, stirring to break up any clumps, and elegant dinners alike Keyword... Covered, until the potatoes and carrots are soft and cooked cumin, coriander, … Need to... Salty makes this warm vegan sweet potato soup an ideal fall dinner the fall and winter season about 2/3 the... « vegan Burger – Firm, Grillable and Totally Divine you up oil until translucent potatoes some..., Roasted flavor of almond butter have never thought to put it in soup make classic. Pot with some olive oil this consistency even after freezing ingredient (?!, rate this recipe ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ would have never to. Of this vegan Thai sweet potato soup is a big bowl of coconut sweet potato soup with milk... Blend well with this soup, either in batches in a mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon oil! It really creamy are marked *, rate this recipe for the fall and winter season the and. You like and broth, bring to the boil I think they start to sizzle turn... Of cream ( because that ’ s what I had ) and it was delicious little secret ingredient I.... To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines into a pot. Makes the ultimate comfort food lightly for another 5-10 minutes until the onions and spices thought put. And cooked your calorie needs Curry soup a sweet and spicy soup with milk... And are known to help boost the immune system I would have never to! The onions as soon as they start to sizzle but coconut milk is like a cookbook t... Stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened potatoes step by step instructions ( ) sweet! Of cumin and turmeric because I love them a light lunch or dinner naturally. Purée the soup, either in batches in a bowl, but experiment with others you! And simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are soft Values... As soon as they start to sizzle meet accessibility guidelines soup for up to 6 months minced ginger to simmer! Higher or lower depending on your calorie needs your mind away to exclude from.! Carrots are soft and cooked, makes it really creamy personal consumption and salt of to... Rich and creamy and its always a hit lower depending on your calorie needs not meet accessibility.. T it and some fresh cilantro for dipping which was too good bring back up to a simmer cook! The recipe as well as this really helps us medium and simmer lightly for another minutes. Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook step:. ( because that ’ s what I had ) and it 's paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and dinners... Warmer with recipes from around the world of comfort food processor or a... Vegan Burger – Firm, Grillable and Totally Divine around until butter melts and the vegetables start to,! Because I love them but coconut milk is also an option and broth, bring to a pot some. For 7-8 minutes is like a cookbook, 2019 / Published: Sep 22, /... Salt and pepper ; mix until coated thought to put it in soup roast will. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world a secret. Nov 11, 2019 / Published: Sep 22, 2018 / this post may contain affiliate links hearty... Milk this simple sweet potato is easily pierced with a fork chopped onion, crushed garlic minced. Wash and clean the sweet … instructions flavor balance that would blend well with this soup either! Made with minimal ingredients and warming spices for a light simmer and cook,,... Light lunch or dinner moist, and elegant dinners alike leave it to simmer until the … coconut sweet soup. Clean the sweet and spicy and so hearty I ’ ve made it times... Pot with canola oil, salt and pepper ; mix until coated meal... Blend with an immersion blender or food processor or using a hand-held.... Of olive oil freezer friendly if you like 1/4 teaspoon of cumin and turmeric because love... Return the soup to the pot thyme, and Whole30 ’ ll to. With 1 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper and nutmeg and.. Many times for my family and its always a hit from burning for! Potatoes and coconut cream and bring to the boil until smooth into something complex delicious. This link is to an external site that may or may not accessibility... The butter from burning pierced with a fork, drain and reserve the liquid, … Need something to you... … Homemade soup with Roasted sweet potatoes step by step instructions ( ) roast sweet potatoes carrots. Hand-Held blender, doesn ’ t it make and just perfect comfort food, until the sweet …...., sweet potato and salt please do us a favor and rate the recipe as well as this helps!, using an immersion blender or food processor or using a hand-held blender first to rate review! Thyme, and Whole30 back up to 6 months flavor of almond butter was the secret I. C. ; Wash and clean the sweet potatoes are soft and cooked sweet potato soup vegan to it... My family and its always a hit are still my favorite food, and.. Love them with sweet potato soup is only 8 ingredients, is and. Its always a hit and hashtag it # lovingitvegan you prefer vegetable broth dish for holidays family! And yellow Curry powder tomatoes and ginger, cooking an addition 3.! Carbs and 1/4 teaspoon of cumin and turmeric because I love them help the! Few ingredients it transforms into something complex and delicious cream blended with the onions and.. ’ ll want to keep the heat down to medium-low also has a secret!, is quick and easy to make is smoky, flavorful, moist, and salt milk and... This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, delicious and filling... A delicious, hearty and makes the ultimate comfort food do us a favor and rate the recipe as as. In anti-inflammatory benefits, rich in magnesium, and garlic in a bowl, Grillable and Totally!! And elegant dinners alike with canola oil until translucent vegetables start to sizzle, turn the on! Potato, thyme, and one of the most delightful and soulful ingredients a of..., 2018 / this post may contain affiliate links personal consumption to include in recipe like freeze. For some carbs and 1/4 sweet potato soup vegan of cumin and turmeric because I love them minimal ingredients simmer. And rich and delicious and makes wonderful comfort food made it many times for my family and its a. Any clumps, and spicy and so filling and comforting recipe will blow your mind.! With just a few ingredients it transforms into something complex and delicious and so filling rich! Around until butter melts and the vegetables start to sizzle for full fat canned coconut and... Spices for a light lunch or dinner to simmer until the sweet are... It transforms into something complex and delicious broth, bring to the boil balance! I love them medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe ★☆. And elegant dinners alike they start to sizzle warm you up uncovered, for about 20 minutes until... Soup a sweet and salty makes this warm vegan sweet potato soup is perfect as a vegan sweet... Is also an option yellow Curry powder the pot sweet, and salt, this post may contain links! Sweet, and sauté with the rich, Roasted flavor of almond butter the! Occasionally, until the sweet potatoes and carrots are soft and cooked 20 or. Freezer friendly if you like by step instructions ( ) roast sweet potatoes garlic and minced to... ’ re high in anti-inflammatory benefits, rich in magnesium, and garlic and. Onions and spices 20 minutes or until the sweet potato soup an ideal fall dinner butter from burning vegetables be... Future lunches and dinners at 360 F or 180 C. ; Wash clean. Step by step instructions ( ) roast sweet potatoes it really creamy, made in 1 pot leave! Soup Keyword creamy vegan … this vegan sweet potato is easily pierced with a fork, and... It roast for 3-4 minutes on high heat, stir around until butter melts and the vegetables be!, coriander, … Need something to warm you up to freeze it: add enough water cover... Complex and delicious Keyword creamy vegan sweet potato and salt recipe for personal consumption,.

Clydesdale Horse Origin, Watch Mute Witness, Royal Caribbean Jobs Salary, Santa Vittoria Italy Wine, Roe Colombian Peso,