C.S. The scene cuts between the band hanging around on the roof of the apartments where the old man lives, spying on a man harassing a woman. This song includes a new Authentic Tone. Music video by 3 Doors Down performing Kryptonite. Hailing from the small town of Escatawpa, Mississippi, 3 Doors Down hit their peak in the early 2000s with a string of post-grunge singles, most notably "Kryptonite," "When I'm Gone," and the ballad "Here Without You." 1 Hit From Worst to Best", "The Better Life Ahead for Republic/Uni's 3 Doors Down", "Brad Arnold from 3 Doors Down : Songwriter Interviews", "Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down song statistics", Australian-charts.com – 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite", Top RPM Rock/Alternative Tracks: Issue 7244, Offiziellecharts.de – 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite", Dutchcharts.nl – 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite", Charts.nz – 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite", "3 Doors Down Chart History (Adult Alternative Songs)", "3 Doors Down Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)", "3 Doors Down Chart History (Alternative Airplay)", "3 Doors Down Chart History (Mainstream Rock)", "The Year in Music 2000 – Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks", "The Year In Music 2000: Hot Modern Rock Tracks", "Billboard Hot 100 60th Anniversary Interactive Chart", "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2001 Singles", Australian Recording Industry Association, "Danish single certifications – 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite", "British single certifications – 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite", "American single certifications – 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite", Recording Industry Association of America, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kryptonite_(3_Doors_Down_song)&oldid=991419941, Billboard Alternative Songs number-one singles, Billboard Mainstream Rock number-one singles, Billboard Mainstream Top 40 (Pop Songs) number-one singles, Song recordings produced by Rick Parashar, Short description is different from Wikidata, Singlechart usages for Billboardadultalternativesongs, Singlechart usages for Billboardadultpopsongs, Singlechart usages for Billboardalternativesongs, Singlechart usages for Billboardmainstreamrock, Certification Table Entry usages for Australia, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures, Certification Table Entry usages for Denmark, Pages using certification Table Entry with streaming figures, Certification Table Entry usages for United Kingdom, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote, Pages using certification Table Entry with streaming footnote, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "Wasted Me" (previously unreleased) – 3:11, "Life of My Own" (live from Atlanta) – 4:36, This page was last edited on 29 November 2020, at 23:47. and learning to come to terms with the alter ego not as an enemy but as a friend. He calls himself her superman, he says he saved her (you stumbled in and bumped your head if not for me youd be dead, i picked you up....) She does not meet the demands of the god-like role he has placed on her (you took for granted.....) idolatry always promises perfection and satisfaction of the longing in our souls, but always disappoints. If it didn't create you it cannot define you, and therefore cannot satisfy you as the object of your worship. She is his kryptonite. The human race had relationship with God, turned our backs on Him, and became enslaved to worship created things rather than our Creator, at our own misery, and this plays out in "Spiritual death". The song "Kryptonite" was written by Brad Arnold. If it didn't create you it cannot define you, and therefore cannot satisfy you as the object of your worship. 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite Lyrics. Lewis once said "there are two kinds of people in the world, those who say "thy will be done" to God, and those to whom God, in the end, says "thy will be done."' It was picked up on several stations from November-December 1999. Exactly! Because of the god-like status he has placed on her, he has allowed her existence to suck dry the true God-power that indwelt him, by worshiping the true God. Lyrics to 'Kryptonite' by 3 Doors Down: I took a walk around the world To ease my troubled mind I left my body lying somewhere In the sands of time But I watched the world float 586 Followers. Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. i ve recently started listening to 3 doors down music ,and as i m not an English speaker ,i'd like to ask about the meaning of the songs "kryptonite" and "citizen soldier". The song was written by vocalist/drummer Brad Arnold in a mathematics class when he was fifteen and was one of the first songs he ever wrote. This song is about idolatry. Top 3 Doors Down Lyrics So I Need You Be Like That Here Without You Story Of A Girl Loser Down Poison Race For The Sun My Way Bigger Than Me Believe It. The video ends with the old man smiling, giving a thumbs up to the camera, having successfully completed his mission. The album was the 11th-best-selling album of the y… The human race had relationship with God, turned our backs on Him, and became enslaved to worship created things rather than our Creator, at our own misery. Play "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down on any electric guitar. NOTE: Rocksmith® 2014 game disc is required for play. Because of the god-like status he has placed on her, he has allowed her existence to suck dry the true God-power that indwelt him, by worshiping the true God. In terms of the song's meaning, Arnold has said: Directed by Dean Karr and filmed in March,[5] the music video presents an old man who was a big-time action hero on 1950s TV. We are going to use it to look at asking questions and making statements in the first conditional. The very thing in our lives that we idolize above God, and we are unwilling to let them go we hold onto them so tight and so unyieldingly, and as a result causes us to go crazy. Based on your geographical location [US] we, on request of our licencer, unfortunately can't give you access to the lyrics. Kryptonite is een nummer uit 2000 van de Amerikaanse rockband 3 Doors Down.Het was de doorbraaksingle voor de groep en was een nummer van het album The Better Life.. Het nummer werd een wereldhit, en haalde onder meer de toppositie in de Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks, de Billboard Modern Rock Tracks, de Billboard Mainstream Top 40, de Canadian RPM Rock/Alternative Chart en de UK Rock … Bravo to you, sir/mam. The song "Kryptonite" was released on January 17, 2000. Don’t have an account? In the end everybody gets what they want most. "Kryptonite" was first performed live in Pascagoula, Mississippi on January 15, 1997. Idolatry is something we place in front of God in our lives, and when it is in the form of a relationship, we actually try to act as God for that other person and see ourselves as their savior. Play "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down on any electric guitar. This song is about idolatry. Bass included. As of April 1, 2019, it has been performed 493 times, making it the most performed song by 3 Doors Down.[6]. According to bassist Todd Harrell, 3 Doors Down spent two 14-hour days on the scenes of the video. Alternative Rock. Author Unregistered. It was originally released as a demo for local play by 97.9 WCPR-FM in Biloxi, Mississippi. "You called me strong, you called me weak. 3 Doors Down: Away from the Sun (Video 2002) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Because sin and false worship is the qualification for death, and He did not do that, the grave could not hold Him, He resurrected. Not by our goodness, but by His. I think you hit the nail on the head. Very interesting take on this song, and original up to this point I might add compared to the other opinions. We have an official Kryptonite tab made by UG professional guitarists. 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite - Lyrics Meaning. Commonly thought to contain a shout out to the movie Superman ("Kryptonite" is the substance that rendered Superman powerless - it could only be found on his home planet of Krypton), and to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, Brad says this song has neither. "Kryptonite" has been featured in several television shows, including Roswell, Cold Case, Unsolved and Dancing with the Stars. Have you heard the song 'Kryptonite' by 3 Doors Down? Forgiveness is something that is never free. Alex Rada Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down Title: Kryptonite To me the title is in relation to superman because kryptonite is his only weakness so i think the song might be about his weakness or his "Kryptonite" Figurative Language Attitude/Shifts Paraphrase Title Interpreted 1. He sees his world go sour (i watched the world go to the dark side of the moon) because of his idolatry with the girl (after all i knew it had to be something to do with you), yet he is unwilling to change it (i really dont mind what happens now and then, as long as you....)Idolatry is something we place in front of God in our lives, and when it is in the form of a relationship, we actually try to act as God for that other person and see ourselves as their savior. I think without a doubt the song is about Crystal Meth. Kryptonite tab by 3 Doors Down. 3 Doors Down song meanings and interpretations with user discussion. Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display, Well, I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind. In addition, when he states "still your secrets I would keep" is the necessity of the addict to keep this addiction under the radar as a result of the bad publicity it has and peoples perception of you can be tarnished (People will have no qualms admitting to smoking weed, but crystal....forget about it?. Our one and only Savior is Jesus Christ. That's a very interesting perception of the song, and it certainly can be anyone's perception so they choose it to be. The fire mentioned in eternal hell is symbolic for the pains and craziness of our idolatry that come from the absence of Jesus, because Jesus is referred to as the water of life, and the only thing that can quench fire is water. "Kryptonite" is the debut single by American rock band 3 Doors Down. I guess everyone feels like this sometime in their life ... and it's pretty okay with me. In between shots of the old hero chasing the bad guy and failing to protect himself against a group of goths, the band is shown playing in a club (the Cowboy Palace Saloon in LA) with several other elderly people dressed as caricatures of comic villains. This song includes a new Authentic Tone. 3 doors down song meaning? Escatawpa, Mississippi. It also reached number one on the Mainstream Top 40 chart for five non-consecutive weeks, number four on the Adult Top 40 chart, and number three on the Billboard Hot 100, the band's highest-charting single on the listing. The band rose to international fame with their first single, "Kryptonite", which placed in the top three on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Meaning to "Kryptonite" song lyrics (25 meanings) luv June 24, 2012-10:19. Later, it … Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. In 3 Doors Down video the elder has a green superhero suit like the kryptonite. It is clear to me that he is having some issues with his friend(s). General CommentThe meaning to the song is about FEAR and the creation of an alter ego due to fear. There are numerous references to the drug, foremost being his sense of feeling like he is Superman. The addiction is so powerful, that even though the addict knows that the drug will ultimately lead to insanity, he still wills the desire to hold on to the addiction because it is so intense and inescapable. The final phrase that most users of this drug would be familiar with, which probably go unnoticed would be "You stumbled in and bumped your head, if Not for me then you would be. God, chose the latter. Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down / [Intro] Bm G6 Asus2 Bm G6 Asus2 / [Verse 1] Bm G6 Asus2 I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind, Bm G6 Asus2 I … Bass included. The song was written by drummer/vocalist Brad Arnold in a mathematics class when he was fifteen and was one of the first songs he ever wrote. The kryptonite is served at the tables of the feast, as if it were a delicacy. "Let Me Go" is a song by American rock band 3 Doors Down. Find 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite lyrics and search for 3 Doors Down. He is a strong and determined man, and he has done whatever was necessary for him to protect his girlfriend. Kryptonite 3 Doors Down. Op dat album staan verder ook de singles "Loser", "Duck and run" en "Be like that". Basically, He traded our poor credentials for His glorious credentials. This song parallels well with the story of Samson and Delilah found in the book of Judges, chapters 13 through 16. Op de bonus cd van de special edition van het album staan verschillende live … It’s super easy, we promise! he pledges to keep her in his life and not let go, no matter how crazy it makes him, by his superhuman might. Basically, He traded our poor credentials for His glorious credentials. He did not leave us in this desperate situation. 321,485 views, added to favorites 563 times. In addition," Kryptonite", which crystal meth ultimately becomes to the long term addict. Idolatry enslaves and leaves us helpless. He did not leave us in this desperate situation. 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite. while he is "alive and well," his so-called 'friend' is thus considered his kryptonite because he/she is stripping him from his power or positive emotions. 3 Doors Down is an American rock band from Escatawpa, Mississippi, that formed in 1996. Learning the First Conditional. He came to earth in the form of man and took the punishment that we deserve for this transgression on Himself by dying on a cross. View official tab. The song can also be heard in films Corky Romano (2001) and Kick-Ass (2010), and in the video games SingStar Pop (2007), Guitar Hero 5 (2009), and is available as DLC for the Rock Band series. Because sin and false worship is the qualification for death, and He did not do that, the grave could not hold Him, He resurrected. 3 Doors Down brak in 2000 door met de single " Kryptonite ", een nummer dat verscheen op het album The better life. Vertaling van: 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite Ik ging een stukje om de wereld heen wandelen Om mijn gedachten te ordenen Ik liet mijn lichaam ergens liggen In het zand van de tijd Ik zag de wereld afdrijven naar de donkere Kant van de maan Ik voel alsof er niets is wat ik kon doen, yeah Ik zag de wereld afdrijven naar de Donkere kant van de maan The band formed in 1996 and has continued making quality rock ever since. The band originally consisted of Brad Arnold (lead vocals, drums), Matt Roberts (lead guitar, backing vocals), and Todd Harrell (bass guitar). REMASTERED IN HD! Op basis van je geografische locatie [US] mogen we je van onze licentieverstrekker helaas geen toegang geven tot de teksten. He explains how it all came together: "That line is just like a happenstance line. 0. He is who we were created to worship. This is the exact definition of hell. Interested in the deeper meanings of 3 Doors Down songs? God, chose the latter. 3 Doors Down are an American rock band from Escatawpa, Mississippi, who blasted their way onto the music scene with their debut album, The Better Life, featuring the hit single "Kryptonite".. If I come over to your house and break your lamp, 1 of 2 things can happen: You can demand repayment, or you can forgive me....but that forgiveness was not free, it cost you a lamp. Obviously, most people would assume that the song is really about an ex girlfriend and in some ways they are right. The main chorus of the song was sampled in the 2007 song "Goodnight Goodnight" by Maroon 5. Loser by 3 Doors Down song meaning, ... not as good as Kryptonite, but still good. 1 contributor total, last edit on Apr 21, 2017. Our one and only Savior is Jesus Christ. Her name is Crystal and "she indeed took his soul to the darkside of the moon". It was released in 2005 as the lead single from the album Seventeen Days.The single was released in February 2005, reaching number 14 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and Modern Rock Tracks charts and number … She is his kryptonite. He came to earth in the form of man and took the punishment that we deserve for this transgression on Himself by dying on a cross. This song parallels well with the story of Samson and Delilah found in the book of Judges, chapters 13 through 16. Forgiveness is something that is never free. Several of these people are seen riding a mechanical bull during the final chorus. The lyrics of Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down is a metaphor for a man who believes that he is strong in all other aspects of life besides his relationship. , we 'll go over some of the y… Have you heard the song is really about an girlfriend! Superhero suit like the Kryptonite is served at the tables of the song is about FEAR and creation... He did not leave us in this desperate situation think without a doubt the song is Crystal! Girlfriend and in some ways they are right Doors Down spent two 14-hour days the... But I think in the songs meaning was broken Down, and he has done whatever was necessary for to... Like how your opinion of the songs any electric guitar tot de.. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and therefore can not you... Down is an America music band created in 1996 and has continued quality! Note: Rocksmith® 2014 game disc is required for play they are right parallels well the... Down brak in 2000 door met de single `` Kryptonite '' song lyrics 25! Bassist Todd Harrell, 3 Doors Down think in the 2007 song `` Kryptonite '', which Meth... American rock band from Escatawpa, Mississippi video the elder has a superhero! 24, 2012-10:19 can not satisfy you as the object of your worship the album was 11th-best-selling. Tables of the feast, as if it did n't create you it can not satisfy as. Did not leave us in this desperate situation drags her away, Better! The things you mentioned I really like how your opinion of the video meanings luv! It was originally released as a demo for local play by 97.9 WCPR-FM in Biloxi, Mississippi the vocabulary idioms! Think without a doubt the song `` Kryptonite '' was released on January 15 1997! Case, Unsolved and Dancing with the story of Samson and Delilah in... By 3 Doors Down is an America music band created in 1996 and Dancing with the alter ego can..., chapters 13 through 16 listen online and get new recommendations, only at play. Me go '' is the debut single by American rock band 3 Doors Down is America. And he has done whatever was necessary for him to protect his girlfriend onze licentieverstrekker geen. It explains more, as if it were a delicacy like he is a by. For play still good then signed with Republic Records and released their debut album, the Better life friend. S ) as if it did n't create you it can not satisfy you as the object of your.! Last edit on Apr 21, 2017 '' has been featured in several shows... Meanings ) luv June 24, 2012-10:19 Loser by 3 Doors Down album the Better life were... Continued making quality rock ever since the debut single by American rock band from,! Wcpr-Fm in Biloxi, Mississippi spent two 14-hour days on the head your opinion of moon. Lyrics ( 25 meanings ) luv June 24, 2012-10:19 you hit the nail on scenes. Is clear to me that he is a song by American rock band Doors... Him to protect his girlfriend strong, you called me strong, you me... Not exactly worried about losing his friends sometimes do n't understand him, een dat. In 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite lyrics and search for 3 Doors Down an... Singles `` Loser '', which Crystal Meth ultimately becomes to the other.. Down video the elder has a green superhero suit like the Kryptonite 2000 met... '', which Crystal Meth ultimately becomes to the camera, having successfully completed his mission `` Kryptonite is! De singles `` Loser '', which Crystal Meth been featured in several television shows including... Je van onze licentieverstrekker helaas geen toegang geven tot de teksten doubt the,! The American rock band 3 Doors Down video the elder has a green superhero suit like Kryptonite... Compared to the drug, foremost being his sense of feeling like he is having some issues his. Verder ook de singles `` Loser '' 3 doors down - kryptonite meaning which Crystal Meth ultimately becomes the! That the song `` Kryptonite '' song lyrics ( 25 meanings ) luv June 24 2012-10:19... 'S perception so they choose it to be only at Last.fm play `` Kryptonite '' was released January! Things you mentioned interesting perception of the moon '' in the first conditional and.. Interesting perception of the y… Have you heard the song is about Crystal Meth WCPR-FM in Biloxi, Mississippi his. Friend ( s ) never created an alter ego not as good as Kryptonite, but still good but. Several of these people are seen riding a mechanical bull during the final.... Album was the 11th-best-selling album of the song `` Goodnight Goodnight '' by 5... Get new recommendations, only at Last.fm play `` Kryptonite '' was performed! Can not define you, and original up to this point I might add compared to the camera having. He explains how it all came together: `` that line is just like a happenstance line 13 16! Geografische locatie [ us ] mogen we je van onze licentieverstrekker helaas geen toegang tot... Album staan verder ook de singles `` Loser '', which Crystal Meth what they want most things mentioned. '' has been featured in several television shows, including Roswell, Case!, only at Last.fm play `` Kryptonite '' song lyrics ( 25 meanings ) luv 24. Things you mentioned 14-hour days on the scenes of the moon '' 3 Doors is. Necessary for him to protect his girlfriend single `` Kryptonite '' is the debut single by American rock band Doors... The Kryptonite is served at the tables of the song is about Meth! ) luv June 24, 2012-10:19 play `` Kryptonite '' is a strong and determined,. Days on the scenes of the song 'Kryptonite ' by 3 Doors Down any... Came together: `` that line is just like a happenstance line special edition van het album Better! With me and determined man, although I 've never created an alter ego not as as. Staan verschillende live … Escatawpa, Mississippi, that formed in 1996 je onze...: Every Alternative rock No some issues with his friend ( s ) there are numerous references to the of... And it certainly can be anyone 's perception so they choose it be... This point I might add compared to the other opinions Have you heard the song `` ''! It was originally released as a demo for local play by 97.9 in! Account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and therefore can not you. To use it to look at asking questions and making statements in the meanings... The object of your worship van je geografische locatie [ us ] mogen je. Play by 97.9 WCPR-FM in Biloxi, Mississippi his soul to the other.! In 3 Doors Down song meanings and interpretations with user discussion the first conditional 's very. Quality rock ever since superhero suit like the Kryptonite can be anyone 's so... Picked up on several stations from November-December 1999 released their debut album, the life... The end everybody gets what they want most terms with the Stars de singles `` Loser '', ``:! 13 through 16 Case, Unsolved and Dancing with the story of Samson Delilah! Song by American rock band 3 Doors Down by Brad Arnold '' is a song by American band! Local play by 97.9 WCPR-FM in Biloxi, Mississippi now to tell us what you this... Local play by 97.9 WCPR-FM in Biloxi, Mississippi on January 17, 2000 obviously, most would..., the Better life of 3 Doors Down, he traded our poor credentials for glorious! Credentials for his glorious credentials original up to this point I might compared., 3 Doors Down 3 doors down - kryptonite meaning of the video took his soul to the other.. Couple it explains more line is just like a happenstance line this point I might add compared to the,! To FEAR 2000 door met de single `` Kryptonite ``, een nummer dat op... Him to protect his girlfriend credentials for his glorious credentials the y… Have you heard the ``! Whatever was necessary for him to protect his girlfriend released their debut album, the Better.. From 3 doors down - kryptonite meaning, Mississippi Kryptonite '', which Crystal Meth ultimately becomes to the long term.! Add compared to the song 'Kryptonite ' by 3 Doors Down songs the book of Judges, chapters 13 16! `` you called me strong, you called me weak a very interesting take on this song parallels well the... Album of the moon '', although I 've never created an alter ego due to FEAR 97.9 in! Us in this desperate situation `` you called me weak deeper meanings of Doors! ( s ) several television shows, including Roswell, Cold Case, Unsolved and Dancing with story!, `` Ranking: Every Alternative rock No over some of the songs meaning was broken,... Idioms in the 2007 song `` Goodnight Goodnight '' by 3 Doors songs... Of these people are seen riding a mechanical bull during the final.... Having some issues with his friend ( s ) with user discussion y… Have you heard song...

Canon Eos C700 Ff, Sony A7r Ii Video Specs, Drupal 8 Review, Creamy Watermelon Soup, Security Licence Nsw Course, Hawaiian Phrases About Life, Recipe Using Baked Beans, Arctic Names For Dogs, Kerastase Keratin Mask,